This is real This is so real it's unreal My chest won't stop My heart can't stop These are things dreams try to be Which is why it is so unreal But the things that I feel Are to visceral to ignore. as the little whims, I'm sure, you feel the string that connects our hearts, we can't forget even though we live so far away It tugs my butterflies so they fly backwards Backwards Butterflys Because I miss you Tumbling heart Because I feel you From so far away Perfection doesn't exist I know this But why do I find more That I can't ignore as so totally you.
I can feel the breeze through the window but there are no feelings in tow. All I want is the fresh air but it has been eaten by us. If I go outside all I will find is noise Noise that unsettles me A car passes The noise leaves only to be replaced by a different me. I smell trees then shoes Then sewerage then food. The perfume of an attractive woman back to feet Did someone fart?
There are so many people that people become commonplace It is normal to walk past more people in a day than you will ever meet in your lifetime. I long for people to be cherished Each person a possibility Each one new and fascinating So I sit in my room Scared of the people Their noise Their smell The way they ignore everyone Like they're on a ship in the middle of the ocean. The 'other' people are water. Bouying them towards their goal. Silent witnesses to their journey. There's so much water I can only run my fingers through it. I can't pick up each drop and find out its journey.
Comments
Post a Comment